

EXECUTIVE MEETING

Date: 17/04/2023

Time Opened: 4:05

Attending:

Apologies: Grace, Bea

Minutes: Phi

Time Closed:

AGENDA ITEMS

1. Acknowledgement of country
2. Administration
 - a. Accepting the previous meeting's minutes
 - b. Declaration of conflicts of interest
 - c. Executive decisions since the last executive meeting
 - d. Declaration of confidential agenda items
3. Portfolio reports
4. ANU Committees
5. WHS/EAP reminder
6. Matters for discussion
7. Matters for decision

MINUTES

Acknowledgement of country

Charlotte gave an acknowledgement of country.

Administration

Accepting the previous meeting's minutes

Declaration of conflicts of interest

Kai is ANU Food Co-op member

Executive decisions since the last executive meeting

Declaration of confidential agenda items

Portfolio reports

Ben

Been in and out a lot over the past two weeks. Please let me know if you are waiting on me for anything

PCG work on-going

Business plan was finalised

Staffing model around Bush Week

Appointed Punit to CECC

LRSJ

BY: Was on leave and in Brisbane so I've been in and out, if you're waiting on me for anything let me know. Having chats with Charlotte, Eleanor and Erin about staffing model for BW- professionalising BW. Doing a bit on the LRSJ right to protest legal observer stuff to do.

PO: can you mention HAC to LRSJ

Grace

Kat

SSAF Quarterly Report

SSAF underspent pool bidding prep

HDR Induction

Night Café detailed financial plan

ESC for Less Stresstival

Audit Update

KH: SSAF Quarterly report is due next week. Preparing to bid for ~1 million. Went to HDR Induction with SAT and Kat – very chill, good to introduce ANUSA's extension of services for postgrads. We had a financial plan but Liana and I want to get more accurate estimate numbers so I'm doing research for ANU nighttime traffic with ANU Unisafe and accommodation so I can get the numbers for reshalls. Got approval for Less Stresstival sponsors. Audit update – we got back our report, many names were wrong and some corrections were there so we sent it back, hopefully we get it before AGM

PO: Names?

KH: Director's names were wrong on the audit

Phi

HAC

SRC

PO: HAC is business as usual. I had to unexpectedly take some leave on the break. I have been writing a motion for SRC and have been prepping for that. Playing catch up.

Bea

Kai

- Leave
- AICD Training
- HAC

- Stepping back from HAC
- Food Rescue Pilot – Aldi response
- Declaring conflict of interest: ANU Food Co-op member

KDB: Took leave during the break. Food rescue pilot – Aldi are super happy for us to come and pick up food waste twice a week for more student bites, sorting out the logistics of that.

PO: happy for conflict to be public?

KDB: yep

Charlotte

- Working on a bush week model
- Working through a couple of disputes

CO: Bush week models – duties, delegation, chatting to Erin. Meant to have the big BW discussion with executive today but not ready for it & people are away so we'll postpone. And I did AICD

KH: clubs grant have been processed for 49k so far

CC: something I'm actively thinking about

KH: should clubs grants be more strict

CC: hard for grants to be strict – clause that says they're all discretionary, when it comes close to the funding limit, then I have the power to set limits – but we don't have competitive grants

PO: Question is, if we start making them discretionary then we substantially increase a workload. Admin has to be the judge or Charlotte has to be the judge. Before we start being strict on these things, we look at the regs.

CC: I am incredibly strict with some grants like travel grant. Other grants have a strict limit, travel doesn't

PO: Setting

CC: don't want to put myself/admin in the position of considering clubs grants in a discretionary manner

KDB: is there a lever to reduce OEG amounts

CC: clubs think ANUSA exists to fun clubs -

PO: 'up to'

CC: thing that becomes tricky – question of political positioning, if we email clubs and say its now 6 or 7 dollars a head – clubs budget for the year, especially big clubs. So to then reduce it would cause a lot of backlash

PO: When clubs council existed, pre all of our times on ANUSA, it explicitly said that the limit would reduce and they experienced times where it did. CCs in 2020 and 2021 made grants to give money out that was left in the pool, we're now in a position where clubs don't understand how scarce the money is. You could either cut off the pool when it comes to it or you could set the limit soon.

KDB: if we're to extrapolate that we're a quarter of the way through and we've used 50k, we can project 200k by the end of the year

KH: it's unusual that we spend this much money – after 2015 it hasn't spent this much

We discussed high spending clubs and the approach to club spending.

ANU Committees

Grad/exam working groups

CC: Produced three options: A: current, B: february/september, C: april/september. I didn't initially see anything wrong with exam timetables. December graduations are extremely hard on staff, moving graduations has many issues for students. This is purely the ceremony. The february graduation they were thinking O-Week lol. I can circulate options.

PO: can we send to whole SRC

CC: happy to

KDB: is the workload increase for administrative and teaching staff

CC: the new options seem to limit amount of deferrals – it's in the document. Mostly administrative workload.

PO: from AQAC it seems academic too

CC: academics were at the heart of last meeting

IDEA

BY: inclusion diversity equity and accessibility governance group.

Communications Working Party

PO: Invited to this tomorrow, I presume it's holdover from when I was Clubs Officer. I don't know what the purpose is.

Charlotte will take over.

WHS/EAP reminder

BY: be careful of construction in BKSS

Matters for discussion

Matters for decision