

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-07 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

Meeting Opened: 6:11PM



1. Acknowledgement of Country

Delivered by James Howarth

2. Attendance and Apologies

In Attendance:

James
Jason
Jacob
Samuel
Mandy
Abigail
Dash
Lachy

Apologies:

Andrea
Cahill
Claudia
Emily
Harry
Matthew
Niam
Paris

Absent:

All others



3. Declaration of Conflicts of Interest

Abigail delivers her: Volunteering Society and Woroni Content Sub Editor.
Jason explains the conflicts form

4. Actionables Arising

a. James to move appointment motions.

James: So I moved the motions to appoint Abigail and Claudia

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-07 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

b. James to organize interviews with open position candidates.

James: This related to SI and LC branch officers, I will discuss it later.

c. People to attend grievance policy working group.

People did, those people were James, Jacob, and Eden. Was broader than policy, we discussed training etc. too. One of the things decided upon was to make training compulsory in the regs. We also agreed to make the policy less top down, more facilitating mechanisms within clubs.

5. Budget and Process Reporting

James: no funding, no report.

6. Portfolio Reports

6.1. Chair

I did things like the appointments. Met with people at the grievance policy working group. Met with ANUSA exec, covered the media policy and other matters. Funding is opening tomorrow. We had a discussion on that earlier today

6.2. Secretary

Mostly previous reports have covered what I've been doing. I have just drafted a leave rule, to be passed by exec, it is intended to encourage good attendance of meetings, won't pass today to make sure people have a chance to read it.

6.3. Funding

I'm finalizing the new funding policy. Writing an EM for it. I will send it off to Michael again soon with explanation of the purposes so we can more appropriate advice. Funding opens tomorrow. There won't be much because events cant occur over Summer, so just Cap Ex and Admin errors from last year.

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-07 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

6.4. Affiliations

Mandy: Replying to emails, making sure that the forms are valid. We have 22 completely as yet. 23 actually.

6.5. Community

Not present.

6.6. Communications

Not present.

6.7. Any Others

6.7.1. Treasurer

6.7.1.1. We're getting SSAF by Early Feb

6.7.2. Sam: Will talk to Kate (ANUSA Communications Officer) to get MSL access

7. Items to Discuss or Decide

7.1. Motion to amend 'Clubs Rule 3/2018: Out of Session Procedures'. (Decide)

James: We can currently move out of session motions, but beforehand we had to wait two business days to vote. This became a problem at Christmas. This was deemed unnecessary by me and others. It makes a number of changes but keep limits on amendment and the restriction that it be discussed irl first.

Lachie: why not no limit on voting

James: this limits the time to vote not the time before the vote.

Lachie: that's really short, why not 48

James: Ok

Jason: make it business day, so weekends are an issue.

James: business day limitations have caused problems in the past.

Amendment: "That the Executive permits the passage of Out-of-Session motions via Slack or other appropriate and accessible online software on any matter the Executive would normally consider in an Executive Meeting. The motion is to be

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-07 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

posted and seconded, and may only be voted on after the motion has been seconded. Out-of-Session Motions must be closed forty-eight (48) hours after the motion has been moved, or when one side's votes are greater than half the total number of Executive voting members.

Out-of-Session Motions require the number of votes to be equal to or greater than quorum to pass. In favour votes are denoted by :+1: and against by :-1. Abstentions are assumed wherein a voting member does not vote before the close of voting.

The message containing the motion must not be edited and must be posted anew if amended.”

Moved: James

Seconded: Sam Guthrie

Motion passes

7.2. Opening Funding for 2019 (Jacob; Discuss)

Jacob: So funding is opening tomorrow. Nothing has to be done on the MSL end. I will post on the group so people can know. Kate will also do coms on the ANUSA end for it. We're not expecting much because of the time period. It's good to get things like Merch done earlier if possible. Any questions?

7.3. General Officer and Branch Officer Deputies (James; Discuss & Decide)

James: unfortunately no general officers are around

Jason: let's leave this for now.

Sam: agreed

James: Ok

Jacob: over slack

James: I have yes, but I want them all to have a chance.

7.4. Logo Competition (James; Discuss & Decide)

James: Council has been trying to get a logo for almost a year now. The consensus was a competition. This seems the best path. I will handle this given the community officer is away or I can push it till Seren returns.

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-07 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

Sam: can we add internals, to add to the competition.

people generally dis James' designs

James: should we delay?

Mandy: We need time for deadlines.

Sam: I'll get Kate to send some through, they were good.

Jason: Democracy is bad, don't have a public vote

James: CC has to approve

Jason: ok, but one choice for them.

7.5. 'Faces of ANU' for Clubs (Jason; Discuss)

James: Jason had this idea for garnering interest in clubs and CC

Jason: Definitely outside my portfolio, more like Saren's. We'd need help from ANUSA staff, especially Kate and Sam. Brief is a spotlight/meet this club

Sam: We're happy and keen to give help

7.6. Affiliation Processing (Jason; Discuss)

Jason: how's it going

Mandy: We need to set up a group to make sure it's done. Some event at some point

Mandy: I've been contacted by Solar Car, they have no constitution.

James: They do. We can provide it.

Sam: set a date to organise an affiliations meeting

Mandy: Tuesday

Sam: set for three thirty.

7.7. Conflicts Form (Jason; Do this)

7.8. Leave Policy (Jason; Discuss)

Find [Here](#)

Jason: I wrote this 20 minutes before the meeting, I borrowed it from observer but adapted. It sets out ability to ask for leave from chair, what happens when leave is asked for, and in the event of absenteeism.

8. Questions on Notice

NIL.

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-07 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

9. Recall Actionables

- a. **Jacob to get legal advice and ANUSA consultation**
- b. **Sam to talk to Kate about MSL access**
- c. **Jacob to codify the Executive Attendance and Resignation Rule as Draft Policy**
- d. **James create a group in the slack for logo working group**
- e. **Jason to ask for questions on notice**
- f. **Jason to implement grievance working group**

- g. **3:30 Affiliations Meeting**
- h. **James to offer LC to Eisha and get Skanda to fill EOI.**
- i. **Sam and Jason to organize faces project.**
- j. **Jacob to open funding.**

10. Meeting Close

Meeting Close: 7:22pm