

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

06-05-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 5.03

Meeting Opened: 6:13pm



1. Acknowledge of Country

Delivered by James

2. Attendance and Apologies



In Attendance:

James
Jason
Jacob
Sam
Niam
Cahill
Abigail
Skanda (left at 7:31pm)
Andrea
Dash (left at 7:40pm)
Eli
Ebe
Esha
Harry (left at 6:56pm)
Ben (entered at 7:17pm)

Apologies:

Claudia
Harry (for leaving early)
Paris
Ji Ahn

Absent:

Emily
Matthew
Mandy

3. Declaration of Conflicts of Interest & Confidentiality

Jason moves to make 7.2 confidential, Niam seconds, passes

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

06-05-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 5.03

James: I would like to make parts of my report related to SRC 3, confidential, Jacob seconds, passes

4. Actionables Arising

a. James to request Mandy/Cahill put SAIt and RAC into Master Public and Confidential Affiliations Lists

James: requested and done

b. Jason to talk to Mandy and Cahill re affiliations reform.

Jason: I haven't done this yet.

Cahill: Mandy and I haven't met yet, we decided that we would meet after the CCM

Jason: At this stage I want to get it going, so I'd like to make a Facebook event for those who volunteered.

Ebe: Is this for broader clubs council?

Jason: Eventually, yes.

c. Jacob draft profit and photographer amendments.

Jacob: Done, item later on about this. They should be in the CCM agenda

Jason: They are.

Jacob: not contro, give effect to the regs change.

5. Budget and Process Reporting

Jacob: I will quote my CCM report, as of today, \$38,080.69 has been spent. A couple of 100 may not have been acquittal approved. Another 7000 has been approved but not acquitted. Thanks to Sam. A few other things. 45 g spent, 30 has been for the top 18 clubs, the rest to the other 45. 63 clubs only have applied for funding. 5 or so are political, so tons have just not applied for any funding this year. That's not good or bad, but noteworthy. Theoretically all those clubs are entitled to funding. The other thing in my CCM report is the high roller list. BGS, SEASOC< Science, AFEC, MSA in that order. All of those are either high cap ex or pre-approved events, also one large one off events. Jacob about Harry "you're making me sad again". As noted in my report this situation is not a great concern. It's worth noting that BGS is applying for a funding cap increase to 13,500. 9% of the total budget as per the regs. We can veto it, but not necessarily immediately. There are other powers we can utilize if they become an increasingly large problem. I will not speak for or against it, but will explain the effect of the budget.

Ebe: is it worth contacting clubs that are not getting grants that may need help?

Jacob: that is a very good point. Ahead of the funding deadline last term, I made clubs aware of it. I think that in most cases those clubs don't need funding.

Ebe: it could catch that one clubs.

Harry: good job for branch officers.

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

06-05-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 5.03

Jacob: Sam and I could work out the clubs who have not applied and then the branch officers could follow up on the individual level. Very top of my head.

6. Portfolio Reports

James: I was present for part of a meeting with Brendan. Had to leave early, Jason finished it. I disagreed with some for different reasons. Also broached was CC independence from ANUSA. Number of issues, different kinds. I met with Eden, Matthew, Jason earlier today re PARSA. PARSA has been feeling unrepresented, it has gone to the President and President level. We have been following our process.

Generally most time has been spent prepping for CCM 2. A few meetings with a few people. I said to Eden we are going ok. You're all amazing.

Jason: I'll start with the rest of the meeting with Brendan. The motion that he moved wasn't an action, I don't know what I think about this and will reserve judgement, but I asked him to change it to something more clear. I am indifferent about this motion, I just drafted it for clarity.

Jason reads the motion

He wanted to have 4-6 hours of consultation time. That would be too much, compromised with a document that outlines way to consult/communicate/book an appointment with us. There were some other CCM requirements such as notice 21 days out, agenda 1 week out and the time for the next CCM being declared at the CCM. We talked him down to adding to the Exec Policy that notice will be given 2 weeks out and agenda will be 1 week out.

Changes to the funding policy included that they are released on time. It's not something we can do.

SGM happened, changes happened. A number of exec members were there. An amendment was passed to let us have discretion over approving.

Kambri happened. Thanks to everyone who came along. From that we drafted a motion that was passed at SRC. The SRC itself was messy. I'm not sure we should be cooperating with people who have that level of conduct, however we also don't want them to monopolize the Kambri fight against tickets going forward.

Sam: Let's get Eli some Falafel. I was doing some weird stuff last week. Working with Ebe on training, multiple people about CCM. I'm concerned that boardgames is going to

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

06-05-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 5.03

blow through their money faster than they want to. I saw two or three different clubs this meeting. Having some affiliation discussions. Call your mum (on Sunday).

Esha: Not much, emails.

Eli. Emailed those who I have not had coffee with.

Jacob: Money back for coffee

Eli: Not sure yet.

Jacob: Should be. I'm having a meeting with MSA 10:30 Thursday, so come.

Eli: Oh good. I have also emailed Mathew Mottola about stuff, re interfaith week. There is no universal ANUSA calendar. I have told him to keep in mind that week 7 of Sem 2 is going to be interfaith week. Being careful not to cross over with Ethno stuff. I am working on chaplaincy accessibility issues.

Skanda: Have not heard back from any of my clubs, thinking a survey may be better.

Harry: Discipline survey which is a rehash of my previous ones. Hopefully people fill it.

Niam: Attended SRC and SGM, reprimand policy.

Cahill: 7 to affiliate this CCM. All approved. Reminded them to attend.

Jason: Was Mathematics the one that was affiliated in other business?

Cahill: Yes but it wasn't approved by Mandy. This is the first time we have everything together, so it will have to go through CCM again.

Jason: Something that came up with my meeting with Brendan is that a friend of his is trying to affiliate a club.

Cahill: Affiliations close at 12 tonight?

James: Correct.

Jason: Have they tried to apply for funding?

Sam: Yes, but we've let them know they need to affiliate first.

Ebe: Kambri booking fees, watched the SRC was not there, migraine. I think we need to have a conversation about how we go forward. I can't condone a lot of the conduct involved. We have our second ball and events training tomorrow. Sam and I met about it,

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

06-05-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 5.03

there was some miscommunication about it, but it has for the most part been clarified, it is here, 5.02. If you are free pls come. Encourage clubs to attend. We have not published the time of the next one, so they need to attend to be eligible for the foreseeable future. I get back to the funding policy explainer, but there are distractions. Ji will be auditing the issues with the ANUSA website re clubs. I think clubs are responding well to our social media start right now, we need to talk me and Ji about our roles.

Ebe to talk to Ji about roles regards the page.

Jacob: I have spent a lot of time late last week going through the last of the funding requests from last term. All of those that were not horrible have now been approved. The rest have not gotten back to my coms. I met with Brendan. I wrote a more sane version of what Brendan was suggesting. I will share that in the slack. It's good we could talk him down from the worst things. CCM should in general be smooth.

Ebe: The chaplaincy event, that is the kind of thing the page is great to promote. Whenever public training or events come out we can help with clubs hearing about it.

Eli: let's mention the page on the CCM.

Ebe: yes. And I will talk about it at CCM. These are going on all the time, but we never hear about it because the university has its head up its own ass.

7. Items to Discuss or Decide

7.1. CCM2 Timing and Preparation (Discuss) Submit your reports!!!

James: I was ready to tear heads from torsos about reports. Everyone excepting Mandy has now done so. Mandy has reasons. Thanks for doing so. CCM 2 is compulsory, except for the ANUSA exec, Sam, and the PARSA reps. Give apologies to Jason. It should not be controversial. There is a lot however. There will be food provided. Attendance may become an issue. There may be other bookings beforehand, we can meet somewhere together beforehand. We had 90 seats last time, hopefully capacity won't become an issue.

Ebe: MSA has a problem with lunch time meetings on Friday. There are other problems of course, but worth considering.

James: turns out we have it all day, so we can meet there. 10 am set up.

James: Ebe would you be up for getting feedback about CCM availability.

Ebe: yeah a feedback form.

Ebe: can we make our availability at 10 am public

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

06-05-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 5.03

James to make the availability of CCE at 10 before the meeting.

Ebe: what if the results contradict what the exec can do?

James: We can work around it.

James: I spoke to Observer at the SGM - they agreed that they would only film people speaking at CCM. Apparently the only reason that there was the pan shot was because the person was new.

Jason: Are you willing to do a feedback form on this specific issue or a more broad feedback?

Ebe: More specifically about CCM to get better responses. I will work in consultation with other officers to make a broader feedback form.

Action to move motion, publish survey, James to speak in report, talk to nick, and Ebe to reply to SALT. Jason to draft motion before Tuesday.

7.2. Approve Jacob's Funding Motions to be submitted at CCM2 (Discuss & Decide)

James: They're great

Jacob: They are profit for OEG and SEG, and also something about paying photographers properly.

Eli: Is that per week

Jacob: Yes, but there is a capping mechanism.

Eli: How do we know its accurate

Jacob: Not much we can do about that, also possible under the status quo.

Jacob, seconded, Sam, passes

7.3. Honoraria Nominations (Discuss)

James: To share form for nominations, close sometime. Email from Lachy about it. People can get money.

Jacob: midday Wednesday.

Eli: have you shared this somewhere

Ebe: Can you also share people's role descriptions.

Jason: Do we just want to do honoraria ad hoc or a collective approach? We could do a group nomination for people's honoraria, that way its not up to random people to nominate people. It's always contentious.

Eli: Is it competitive?

James: It can be.

Eli: Because they have discretion its up to them?

James: correct.

James to share form for nominations

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

06-05-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 5.03

8. Other Business

Chair Leave

James: from Monday until the next following Sunday I will be taking leave.

Uncontactable.

Ebe through Jacob shares the message to the trots.

Cool from everyone

9. Recall Actionables

- a. **Action to move motion, publish survey, James to speak in report, talk to nick, and Ebe to reply to SAlt. Jason to draft motion before Tuesday.**
- b. **James to make the availability of CCE at 10 before the meeting.**
- c. **Ebe: to talk to Ji about roles re the page.**
- d. **James to request Mandy/Cahill put SAlt and RAC into Master Public and Confidential Affiliations Lists**
- e. **James to share form for nomination**

10. Meeting Close

Meeting Closed: 8:01