

# Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

29-04-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 3.05

Meeting Opened: 6:10 pm



## 1. Acknowledgement of Country

Delivered by James

## 2. Attendance and Apologies



### In Attendance:

James

Jason

Ebe (With prior apologies for leaving early; left at 6:47pm)

Jacob

Abigail

Niam

Paris

Matthew

Andrea

Harry

Sam

Skanda (joined at 6:13pm)

### Apologies:

Ji Ahn

Claudia

Esha

Cahill

Ben

### Absent:

Emily

Dash

Mandy

## 3. Declaration of Conflicts of Interest & Confidentiality

## 4. Actionables Arising

None

# Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

29-04-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 3.05

## 5. Budget and Process Reporting

Jacob: yes, so, we have spent, very accurate minuting, we have spent \$30,879.62, that's what's on the payment run sheet, not anything else big, a little elsewhere. No cause for concern. The other thing that is under this report is that we are working out some issues is we have paid some grants to clubs who were not affiliated at the time, will probably offset it off future grants. The other thing is that clubs say they have not received money they should have, not sure yet what is the case re that.

Sam: I haven't heard about this.

## 6. Portfolio Reports

James: I have been just organizing some CCM stuff, met with peeps about the reprimand policy, it is insufficient. No meeting with Eden, she is on leave. That's it.

Abigail: some questions from clubs, re ANU plus, have reached out to ANU plus.

Sam: I can answer that they can do some volunteer with ANU clubs and Societies. Just have president or representative sign their form proving it, bring their form to ANUSA for me to sign and submit to [anuplus@anu.edu.au](mailto:anuplus@anu.edu.au) for approval.

Niam: Working on reprimand policy, met with Pri, talked with James and Jason about it just now.

Jacob: met with James and Brendan re a compromise re the clubs regs. He and Zac Lorde put together an SGM petition. The amendment they suggested was quite bad. We had a meeting with him about it, suggested that we implement a change that Jason had drafted. Just some issues with discretion. Now it is a fairly good amendment. End of story is there will be a 5:30 SGM at Friday, Robertson theatre. Pres at SGM, yay. I have answered misc. inquiries.

Matthew: just two things, I have been trying to get an ANU wide or clubs and societies movie licence, often there are IP issues with clubs doing movies. All times I have experienced this, clubs/departments have not had licencing. Difficult, because we don't fit easily in one category. Clubs Ball, hoping to have a venue locking in soon.

Jason: Kambri stuff, there was the forum last week, pretty successful. Very good attendance which was varied. We will put forward a motion at SRC I had a part in drafting it. Will give us some more support in Kambri.

Wasn't able to make it to the regulations meeting, thanks to people who filled in.

# Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

29-04-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 3.05

Had some informal chats with Brendan prior to the meeting. Clubs won't still be able to make profit until the 10th of May when we pass it at a new CCM.

James: Does Brendan know that?

Jason: Possibly not. Spoke to James and Niam - Niam has been doing some work regarding reforms to our Discipline policy. He's spoke to Pri this week and we had a really productive discussion today regarding what process we want to follow to solve disputes. If you want to look at the draft notes its called 'Niam chat' in the Google Drive.

Ebe: been working on chasing up job descriptions for a allowing better interoperation with ANUSA and departments. Clubs ball is ticking along. Just need to go through venues, submitted FoC for Balls and Events training for next Wednesday, Geraldine may be there. Apologies for this week, I have 0 time to do anything that pops up, I will delay anything I get give in to at least Saturday.

Harry: Minor problem solving

Sam: The week before my leave was mostly cleaning up loose ends, Ebe mostly covered what I was going to say, re B&E training. Geraldine was very prompt.

Niam: When is that?

Sam: 7th, Tuesday

Ebe: Sorry, not Wednesday.

## 7. Items to Discuss or Decide

### 7.1. Elections (Discuss, Jason)

Jason: ANUSA elections are coming up next semester, some people may be running from the executive. That reflects well on Clubs Council - I think we have a confident and ambitious group of people here. One problem though is that elections tend to distract from people's actual roles. We need to start having discussions about how we're going to manage that going forward.

Sam: Do feel free to utilise myself as an independent party.

Jason: There's also a possibility that people may run against each other - that will have to be managed in a mature way and doesn't compromise our function as a body.

### 7.2. Public Forum SRC motion (Discuss, Jason)

Jason: There's going to be a motion at the SRC. I encourage you all to attend and support. All undergrad students can attend SRC - please come!

Ebe: Other people may have seen that someone from SciSoc commented on a post in the FB group that there have been some reforms to the booking policy. Obviously there's been some stuff that's happened.

Jason: There's a lot of uncertainty, but we can only act on what we have.

# Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

29-04-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 3.05

## 7.3. CCM planning (Decide, Jason)

Jason: We have a date. James has been working on admin issues. 10th May, Kambri Superfloor. Shoutout to Sam for booking. Get there, last time there were some issues so please show up.

James: Reminder that it is necessary for the Exec to attend.

Ebe: Can someone send me a time and place so that I can make an event and share it to the FB group?

Sam: Last time Observer showed up and filmed, this time they have to ask for permission.

Skanda: When will reports be due for that?

James: This Friday, 5pm. If you want an extension please contact me.

## 7.4. Affiliations Reform Rehash (Discuss, Jason)

Jason: I asked for help with this, but Mandy and Cahill aren't here, so we may table this.

## 7.5. SAlt Reaffiliation (Decide, James)

James: so I'll talk to this, they have been in the works for a while now, they submitted on time, but with some issues with the con, they have dealt with them.

Jason: They have addressed the issues we had

### **James moves to reaffiliate salt**

Sam seconds:  
passes.

## 7.6. RAC Reaffiliation (Decide, Cahill)

James: Cahill, isn't present

Jason: They've had their constitution approved. Cahill told me to put this in the agenda and I will take that as the rest is ok.

Mathew: I live with one of their committee members.

Jacob: reason for the delay.

Matthew: they lost their constitution.

Jason moves that they be reaffiliated

Matthew seconds  
passes.

## 7.7. Feedback Form (Discuss, Jason)

Jason: I read over the little bio for when I ran for Secretary (my election commitments). One of them was having a feedback form, there was an issue with institutional trust at the time. Having a feedback form helps develop communication with students and helps us improve. I'd still really like to do it.

Harry: I wanted to do this for my branch, let me know what happens so I don't accidentally do the same.

# Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

29-04-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 3.05

Ebe: Did you want a survey or a form?

Jason: We can work it out.

Sam: I'm also happy to be involved.

Jacob: Feedback forms have been getting various disclosures that have us asking who said that and how we can contact them. We should be aware of it when getting anonymous feedback.

Jason: What specifically?

Ebe: Griffin style disclosures?

Jacob: Yep.

Sam: We can accommodate for that in the feedback process.

Jacob: Can be anything, but allegations are the heaviest.

## 8. Funding Items

- 8.1. Pokemon Fan Club Liquid Reserve Grant (Decide, Jacob) (Application in Appendix A)

Jacob: So, straight forward. The pokemon one, they provided extensive justification. They attached a statement. Their current balance is 8 dollars. There is extensive justification. I commend this grant.

James: questions

**Jacob moves to approve this grant,**

Sam seconds

Passes

- 8.2. SEASoc Liquid Reserve Grant (Decide, Jacob) (Application in Appendix A)

Jacob: they also provided a good justification of why they need, in terms of their account balance. The reason is they missed out on funding last year due to CC running out of money. This is just enough to give them sufficient liquidity for functioning, important to keep them buoyant until their next funding hit. I commend this grant.

**Jacob moves to approve the SEASoc Liquid Reserve Grant.**

Jason seconds

passes

## 9. Recall Actionables

- a. **James to request Mandy/Cahill put SAlt and RAC into Master Public and Confidential Affiliations Lists**
- b. **Jason to talk to Mandy and Cahill re affiliations reform.**
- c. **Jacob draft profit and photographer amendments.**

# Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

29-04-2019

Marie Reay Teaching Centre 3.05

## 10. Other Business

### 10.1. Nature of the funding policy change.

Jason: What kind of profits did you want them to have?

Jacob: I think \$100 for both is fair. That's what we had originally. I think clubs will try and move \$100 anyway.

Jason: The reason I'd raise it is to allow for clubs to have more profit and reduce the incentive for weird spending.

Jacob: My concern is that for every event that makes a good and conservative budget and has extra money that there may be another event where clubs try and maximise profit. I think that we had \$100 each, but then landed on none for ordinary grants.

Jason: profiteering is not as much of a risk because the regulation change protects against it. We can potentially have the discretion be based on what we think they deserve.

Jacob: In that case, I'll draft it along the lines that the ordinary is \$100 profit and the special is \$200 profit. One of the CAP reps contacted us and it was brought to our attention that policy regarding pre paying photographers correlates with under paying student artists. There may be some ANUSA policy in the future about preventing this.

## 11. Meeting Close

Meeting closed at 6:57 pm.

# Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

29-04-2019

*Marie Reay Teaching Centre 3.05*

## Appendix A -

Pokemon - <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MnFC2EC8la7E13nJEtQiED5i4qg6kSv2>

SEASoc - <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rS48UEW1z-a77mVQCWzvIbdCWBjIfw6E>