

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-21 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

Meeting Opened: 6:03 PM



1. Acknowledgement of Country

Delivered by James Howarth

2. Attendance and Apologies

In Attendance:

James
Jason
Jacob
Cahill
Harry
Ebe
Abigail
Matthew (left at 7:07PM)
Sam

Apologies:

Dash
Claudia
Mandy
Ji Woo
Niam

Absent:

All others



3. Declaration of Conflicts of Interest

Matthew declares friendship with rural club.
Harry and Ebe are dating. Ebe objects to minutes.

4. Actionables Arising

a. **Jacob to get legal advice and ANUSA consultation, ongoing**

Jacob: I have attempted to do both those things, no responses. I'll follow up with Lachy (General Secretary of ANUSA) and Dash (Treasurer of ANUSA), Michael (General Council and Lawyer) I just have to wait for.

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-21 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

Jason: Plan was to not consult with ANUSA exec before legal advice, should we change that considering the tight timeframe

Jacob: James and I have agreed to pass it to Lachy and Dash as a starting point, James: priority that the ANUSA exec is on board. All the trustees + Lachy

b. Sam to talk to Kate (ANUSA Communications Officer) about MSL access, in process

Sam: In process, we will sit down with the three to get it to get it sorted.

c. Jason to codify the Executive Attendance and Resignation Rule as Draft Policy

Jason: I've started doing that, have a draft, is in the drive, have some more work to do

d. James to create a group in the slack for a logo working group

James: it was done. There were complication, the logo that was passed is in discussion with ANUSA. So far we've kept those details in the working group, if anyone wants to be involved contact James.

e. Jason to ask for questions on notice

Done

f. Jason to implement grievance working group

Jason: I have begun doing it. One major part is working out how to implement compulsory training. I have written up a regs amendment, the effect is to allow CCE to create a funding cap and set compulsory training.

5. Budget and Process Reporting

Jacob: We still have not spent, but number of grant requests. Some are to be discussed, some are not discretionary.

Jason: how much is earmarked

Jacob: if all are approved, it'll be around 5,000.

James: let's get general numbers in future.

Ebe: new or old grants?

Sam: new

Harry: so affiliations has started?

James: yes

Harry: so you can apply before you are reaffiliated?

James: yes

Jason: we should clarify this in future.

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-21 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

6. Portfolio Reports

6.1. Chair

James: I had a meeting last week with Eden and others. Also affiliations and funding. Everything has been going well. I have been working on Regs reform.

6.2. Secretary

Jacob: I covered most things in my budget report, I finished the funding policy EM. I had a look at the grants in MSL. I am getting to understand MSL

6.3. Funding

Jason: Logo working group. Meeting with Eden (President of ANUSA), Campbell (Vice President of ANUSA), and James. Most of the work I've done was covered in actionables. Meeting with Sam and MSA which was productive.

6.4. Affiliations

Not present.

6.5. Community

Ebe: Preliminary discussions about compulsory training. We have a schedule outlined, we need presenters. A bit of a tight deadline, first training is week 3. We have problems with publicizing due to the logo issues.

6.6. Communications

Not present.

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-21 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

6.7. Any Others

Sam: busy with o-week, productive meetings with Kate and Ebe, with Jason. Meetings with new MBA friends association who is attempting to form.

Matthew: A question, I think its better to use a group if that gives us time.

Ebe: I'll use judgement as to when we would just have to use the group.

Matthew: I have another confidential item, passed.

7. Items to Discuss or Decide

7.1. 2014 Sam

James: I have serious concerns

Harry: new or old

Matthew: why

Sam: no time for the hairdresser.

7.2. Official Approval of Ebe Ganon as Community Officer

James: we provisionally appointed Ebe due to ANUSA issues

James moved, Same seconded

Passed unanimously with one abstention, Harry.

7.3. Fortnightly strategy meeting

Jason: I think these meetings aren't the best for strategy discussion - long and formal and late. So I thought we could have strategy meetings every other fortnight

James: Have meetings on the non-CCE meeting fortnights for discussion etc.?

Ebe: I have raised issues with this because we have varied engagement in CCE. Could lead to voting blocks. It could exclude some people from decision making.

Jason: I agree, its coming up with a format that doesn't do that

Ebe: should maybe come up with statement/ focus on issues rather than coming to hard decisions.

James: it should be minted. Could create a shadow CCE. I worry about the practice carrying over

Jason: It already happened last year

James: My issue is that consistency could lead to that.

Jason: The issue is less consistency, monthly just makes it less useful. The issue is being standing and potentially attracting the same people every time. Could have Quorum reqs so there has to be certain representation.

Jason: could suspend standing orders after meetings

Clubs Council Executive Meeting Agenda/Minutes

2019-01-21 6pm

ANUSA Boardroom

Ebe: that would be better.

Sam: why do we have it? What about food before the meeting?

Jason: That would serve my purpose. I think its a good idea because there are kinds of problem solving that these meetings aren't good for, could be before the meeting or after or some other time.

Ebe: slack? Its pretty decent for platforming

Jason: That's an issue of developing a culture of slack usage

James: action for Jason to publicise that we have informal discussion 5-6 before meeting

7.4. Team Building Social Events

Ebe: I brought up with James that post o-week people will be burnt out. People would benefit from a place to better get to know each other. Maybe the bar, Ill post in HoCC. We work together, its important we stay united. I can take the lead.

James:

Jason: Developing a strong social culture is a good way to improve work ethic too.

7.5. MSA membership compliance

Jason: Is resolved, they were doing something bad but fine now

8. Questions on Notice

NIL.

9. Recall Actionables

- a. **Ebe: #getresponsibiliblylit**
- b. **Harry: talk to litsoc**
- c. **Jacob: ANUSA and legal**

10. Meeting Close

Meeting Closed: 7:18pm