

EXECUTIVE MEETING

Date: 14/01/22

Time Opened: 4:33

Attending: Ben, Grace, Kat, Kai, Phi, Charlotte, Bea

Apologies:

Minutes: Phi

Time Closed:

AGENDA ITEMS

1. Acknowledgement of country
2. Administration
3. Accepting the previous meeting's minutes
4. Declaration of conflicts of interest
5. Executive decisions since the last executive meeting
6. Declaration of confidential agenda items
7. Portfolio reports
8. ANU Committees
9. WHS/EAP reminder
10. Matters for discussion
 - a. PARSA/SSAF
 - b. Committee allocation
 - c. Feedback on facilitation
11. Matters for decision

MINUTES

Acknowledgement of country

Phi gave an Acknowledgement of country.

Administration

Accepting the previous meeting's minutes

Mover: Kai

Seconded: Kat

Passes

Declaration of conflicts of interest

Executive decisions since the last executive meeting

N/A

Declaration of confidential agenda items

Portfolio reports

Ben

- PARSA/SSAF
- Hiring
- Booked in one on ones with everyone
- Think about and chat to me about any accessibility or other needs you need met in your working environment

BY: PARSA/SSAF taking a majority of my time. Hiring for BKSS/Admin staff happening at the moment. Think about accessibility needs - desk/communication/working hour concerns/anything!

Grace

- BKSS
- Handover
- Induction feedback
- Dates of exec retreat

GK: Also been working on hiring. Spoke to Ash - ex BKSS staff - very useful ideas! Send me feedback/if you want sessions on the Induction by next Monday. Dates for the exec retreat are looking to be 21st/22nd of January. Induction date is 27th of November - all will be sent once we have Department Officers.

BY: Grace, Kai and I are meeting with Department Officers as they're elected.

Kat

- Handover
 - Night Cafe progress checking

- Vending Machine Progress checking
- ESC Nomination finished
 - Casual Vacancy?
- Bank account before I leave

Phi

- Chairing
- Handover
- Next priorities are buddy system, meeting safety, meeting locations

BY: Do you want to take lead on buddies

Discussion on buddies - Grace will take the lead. Please tell Grace if there's anyone you have a conflict of interest with for buddies.

PO: don't think that buddy system doesn't work for Department Officers - I'll help them all w governance regardless of buddy -

CC: we should all be supporting them in the capacities for our roles.

KDB: Would be good to nominally have a point of contact

KH: agree

BY: main reason it was implemented is to avoid conflicts of interest - i would rather not have gen reps and college reps as buddies next year.

GK: I struggled w buddies this year

PO: I think it's a structural problem. Buddies best for asking questions/chatting during SRC. Projects can be achieved better in bigger groups.

CC: Can I ask that college reps get allocated to someone relevant to CRC? More relevant and useful

BY: Important to remember that it's a limited solution to a bigger problem. Sometimes talked about as a solution to gen rep disengagement. I came to the view that buddy system only helps w only certain people. People w existing connections/departments/etc don't find as useful but should still have it.

PO: Can we split into groups of buddies at some point at induction

GK: More important to create connections between gen reps, and between college reps

KH: completely agree

Bea

Charlotte talks about the strike on Bea's behalf

- Have been at NTEU USyd staff strike.
- Picketing from 7am-12:30 - hard picketing.
- Got ⅓ of a huge design class that was breaking strike to stop breaking the strike.

- USyd campus empty
- Great to see solidarity between students and academics. Very excited to see what happens there

BY: UC is having a strike in 12 days. We should go and support them.

CC: On Tuesday ANU is doing soft picket. 7.30am, meet at Lab.

BY: Handing out flyers, about visibility, they really appreciate ANUSA helping. Where USyd is at this year is where we can be at next year. How can we educate students so they understand why they should back their staff.

CC: When we went to classes/interrupted students they were more receptive than teachers. Close to course cuts campaign.

PO: Making sure students are involved starts next Tuesday.

Kai

- Had meetings with representatives from Greater Canberra and Canberra Housing Coalition
- Beginning to think about goals and strategy regarding student public housing at the state level

Charlotte

CC: Phi and I started handover, not the most productive handover - lifting off point to discuss expectations for the year ahead, working styles and how they apply to clubs role, O-Week/Bush Week, O-Week coordinator hiring process, was inspired by USyd merch today!! Next week we're talking about Market Day and urgent O-Week matters.

ANU Committees

Committee allocation is a discussion item.

BY: I will try to make sure you're invited to committees you're taking over as an observer.

WHS/EAP reminder

BY: If you need support in handover period please have a chat to me.

KDB: Is there a document I can look at?

BY: Yes, there's an email that Christian sends - Grace will send.

GK: QR codes are in the office as well.

Matters for discussion

PARSA/SSAF

Committee allocation

[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IWZhbHLBeLRzNwvB46qJlmmNdVTFSVKxUmJTYQfjzGk/edit?usp=sharing`](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IWZhbHLBeLRzNwvB46qJlmmNdVTFSVKxUmJTYQfjzGk/edit?usp=sharing)

BY: I've done a draft as discussed last week. I've tried to minimise how many committees the exec is sitting on. This is for discussion.

KH: I'd like to be on SEEF

PO: this year was just Clubs, year before just Social.

KDB: Is it work me being on Childcare/liasons?

GK: In my experience no - it's not relevant to my role - it's about maintenance issues at childcare. You can if you want though.

BY: Should Grace send Kai an agenda?

KDB: Grace and I will discuss later

BY: Next week I'd like to send out EOIs for remaining committees. There are places on working groups/committees that pop up next year - esp Grace and Kai who are not on committees this will be relevant.

KH: Wondering why International Officer sits on Academic Board.

BY: I don't know the rationale going back a long way. A lot of the policy matters touch on International students in a particular way. International Officer advocates for students interests in the classroom a lot - info from Academic board may be useful? In many ways the voice of International students is very unlikely to be represented on that board. I'll ask Christian lol

ACTION: Ben to ask Christian questions

Feedback on facilitation

GK: good

KH: good

PO: are people happy with discussion items generally being recorded as 'exec discussed this, these points were brought up, we ended up agreeing on this' - unless it gets to a v large issue/people are away/like this

BY: the less consequential, the less you need to minute. the more, the more you need to minute

PO: agree

Matters for decision